Sports walking boot after Saturday's game
Bergeron was spotted wearing a walking boot on his right leg after Saturday's 4-3 loss to Toronto, Mike Zeisberger of NHL.com reports.
Bergeron notched two assists during 19:15 of ice time Saturday to total 27 goals and 54 points through 54 games this campaign. Seeing as the Hart Trophy candidate was still able to play a full game, it signals that the boot may be a precautionary move. However, with the Bruins in the center of trade talks for the Rangers' Rick Nash and the Oilers' Patrick Maroon, a long-term injury to Bergeron could jolt their urgency to finalize a deal. The Bruins travel to Buffalo on Sunday, so expect a quick update on Bergeron's condition.
ADP: 59.5 +58.6
|Compare to same point last season|
- Experts rank this player at 6th among C's. Based on his stats from the past 30 days, he is currently ranked 7th with 244.8 total points (4.62 avg).
- He is currently 31.2 points behind the leader: Evgeni Malkin
- He is putting up the kind of numbers the experts expected him to.
- Slight decline in numbers lately at 1 PPG.
Trending Offensive Breakdown
- Top 10 in goals with 7 and is currently ranked 8th among C.
- Top 75 in assists with 5, though that isn"t saying much, and is currently ranked 61st among C.
- Ranked 79th in +/- with 1.
- Top 3 in shots on goal with 47 and is currently ranked 3rd among C.
- Top 35 in time on ice with 18:47:50.0000 and is currently ranked 30th among C.
- Top 100 in total penalty minutes with 4 and is currently ranked 85th among C.
- Top 100 in blocked shots with 7 and is currently ranked 79th among C.
- Top 16 in powerplay goals with 2 and is currently ranked 14th among C.
- Top 31 in powerplay assists with 2 and is currently ranked 30th among C.
- Top 6 in shorthanded goals with 1 and is currently ranked 6th among C.
- Top 16 in faceoffs won with 126 and is currently ranked 14th among C.
- Ranked 109th in hits with 10.
- Played in 53 more games this year than last year.
- At this point in the season his numbers compared to last years:
- AVG Goals per game: +0.5094
- AVG Assists per game: +0.4717
- AVG Shots on Goal per game: +3.6226
No Injury Reported
Similar C to consider drafting instead of Patrice Bergeron
|Evgeny Kuznetsov was|| ||54.26|
|Ryan Getzlaf ana|| ||56.83|
|Patrice Bergeron bos|| ||59.46|
|Jeff Carter la|| ||66.87|
|Claude Giroux phi|| ||67.36|
|Sean Monahan cgy|| ||69.09|
Similar based on overall ADP to draft instead of Patrice Bergeron
|Drew Doughty la D|| ||51.64|
|William Nylander tor RW|| ||53.59|
|Evgeny Kuznetsov was C|| ||54.26|
|Ryan Getzlaf ana C|| ||56.83|
|Jonathan Quick la G|| ||58.35|
|Zach Werenski clb D|| ||59.35|
|Patrice Bergeron bos C|| ||59.46|
|Ben Bishop dal G|| ||59.67|
|Andrei Vasilevskiy tb G|| ||61.01|
|Dougie Hamilton cgy D|| ||61.51|
|Henrik Lundqvist nyr G|| ||61.95|